What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brake Caliper O rings, a bit of luck, and paying it forward.

JonJay

Well Known Member
I am nearing the end of my CI, left the hangar for a couple days, and came back to a small puddle of brake fluid under one caliper. I replaced my brake pads a week or more ago but never messed with the pucks.

I am generally a “don’t fix it if it ain’t broken” guy. How lucky am I that one started leaking in my hangar, with tools, no pants on, and my bleed equipment handy.

I also had two Vitron O rings in my CI tool box courtesy of a VAF’r who posted a couple years ago that anyone who wanted could email their address and he would send a couple out. Mark was his first name but I lost his last. Thank you
Mark. Evidently he bought 100 or so and was happy to share. Thank you thank you. It’s so nice to have what you need when you need it!

My Vans supplied nitril O rings made it 780 hours and 11 1/2 years. I am on my third set of brake pads. I get about 400 hours on pads.

So, less than an hour and both seals replaced, brakes bled, and happy new seals that should last ??

Back