What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

gascolator o-ring size

kritsher

Well Known Member
I managed to destroy my gascolator o-ring as I was reassembling it. Does anyone know the o-ring size and/or van's part number? I can't find it on the van's website...

I can't find how to post a new subject, but I have a problem with the Vans gascolator O ring.
I had a leaking O ring and tried to get a replacement locally. That was no good so I got one in from Vans. That one leaks. The gascolator is a Vans G4
Has anyone else had O ring problems with this Usher manufactured gascolator? Does anyone know the actual sizing of the O ring?
I can't understand why the O ring should suddenly leak and a new one not work. There is nothing visible and a pressure test proves it is the O ring, not a leaking thread or gascolator body.

TECHNICAL DIRECTOR

The "O" ring used on the Gas 5 Gascolator is GAS-3-4-5 Gasket. This is listed in the Vans Accessories Catalog.

Are you sure the surface of the metal contacting the O ring is free of debris and damage? A gouge in the metal might cause a leak.

I remember somewhere in my past where we had a new O-ring in an air system that was leaking. We finally found a small defect on the ring with a jewler?s loop. Nobody believed it could be the issue, but another O-ring solved the problem.

The ring might be rolling when you put the bowl back on. Try a light coating of grease on it when you put it on.

Back