What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTN 650 software update issue!

togaflyer

Well Known Member
I loaded 6.51 in the GTN 650 per the bulletin. Now my Garmin auto pilot will not engage and it displays X?s on the G3X touch display for the AP and YD. Has anyone had this issue with the new software.

Part of the install procedure is to document your settings and validate them after the install.

Have you verified that none of the configuration settings have changed?

Your symptoms imply that Arinc data isnt being received.

I loaded 6.51 in the GTN 650 per the bulletin. Now my Garmin auto pilot will not engage and it displays X?s on the G3X touch display for the AP and YD. Has anyone had this issue with the new software.

I see an email in our inbox from you on this topic. Please provide the information requested via email.

There is no dependency of the GTN for a functioning autopilot, so there is likely something else going on here.

Thanks,
Levi

I found out I had two servos fail. Not sure the reason, it occurred during flight training after shutting down the power to simulate a panel failure, then after, powering the system back up. The Garmin people were great to work with and very responsive. They have my old servos and will be examining them for a possible cause. I installed the G5 as my fail safe and it’s a great instrument to have in the cockpit. Very happy with my Garmin package.

Back