Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 05-05-2019, 11:38 AM

Default Almost All Done

Question to all,
We have complete our RV10 (except wheel pants) and will have the DAR inspection tomorrow May 6th. We are builder 40555 and it has been a joy building this plane, but it did take 13 years plus. Test flight will be soon!!!
Question for today are the RV10 service bulletins. My log book has a place for AD's, but thought that the SB's should not be placed there. Maybe a better place would be in the front of the log book, or does it matter where they placed.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:56 AM
Senior Curmudgeon

Default Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Craig View Post
We have complete our RV10 (except wheel pants) and will have the DAR inspection tomorrow May 6th.
Congrats on that elephant dinner

I printed out each of the S/Bs and signed off either as Non Applicable or Complied and just showed them to the FAA inspector-----he was fine with doing it that way, made no mention of log book entries.

Rv-10, N210LM.

Flying as of 12/4/2010

Phase 1 done, 2/4/2011

Sold after 240+ wonderful hours of flight.

"Flying the airplane is more important than radioing your plight to a person on the ground incapable of understanding or doing anything about it."
Old 05-05-2019, 12:03 PM

Hello Craig:

I had my -10 inspection yesterday. The inspector did not ask about Service Bulletins or ask for a log book entry.

That said, not a bad idea for future reference to have them listed. I had them printed but nothing entered.

E
Old 05-05-2019, 12:39 PM

Congratulation.. This is a huge step for us both!!!
Old 05-05-2019, 01:15 PM

Default A.D.s & S.B.s

I have them listed on page one of my conditional inspection list. That reminds me to add any new items each year as well as check any re-occurring items. Also indicate each as N/A, completed/date, etc. All are then signed off and filed in my maint. folder.
Douglas, GA
Old 05-05-2019, 02:58 PM

I would make sure each SB is referenced in the build log and know where to find it if the inspector asks.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:52 AM

Thanks for all different ways to handle the S/B's. I do have them ready to show him.
Thanks
Old 05-06-2019, 09:43 PM

So the DAR got pushed off to Wednesday. That's ok it's been 13 plus years, what's a couple of days..I'll keep you all posted
Old 05-09-2019, 10:56 AM

Default DAR Complete

Howdy to ALL,
Our DAR inspection went well yesterday on our RV10. Our inspector had given me a 4 page document of the things that he was going to look at which made our job and his job easier. No surprises for either of us!
So now after 13 + years it is on to the fun stuff. 40 hours of testing that I hope goes well...

Keep pounding rivets, ask a lot of questions, but most importantly enjoy the journey
Old 05-09-2019, 11:20 AM

Congratulations Craig!!!

Awesome job and well done to stick with it to finish the incredible project

E