What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FAB-Horiz-induction 2 clearance with Titan X-340

Langt

I hope to use a vans FAB-Horiz-induction 2 filtered air box (that I just bought) as a starting point in a non-standard installation. It will require some modification of the fiberglass, mostly for clearance between the exhaust crossover and the fiberglass box.

I am using a Titan x-340 with vertical induction, AFP throttle servo, Vetterman cross-over exhaust with mufflers, and a AFP 90 degree forward facing elbow (making it "similar" to horizontal induction). All this puts the air box a little low (I can easily glass in a little more height to the FAB square box section), but the issue is that I think I will need to carve away from the back side of the airbox (and re-glass) to get clearance to the exhaust crossover. My question is how much clearance does the normal FAB-Horiz-induction-2 have between the fiberglass and the crossover pipe? Or alternatively, how much clearance do I need to avoid fire risk?

Thanks
Ted

Back