What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 panel update in progress! (pics)

TrutrakTech

Well Known Member
I just wanted to post some pics of our RV-12 panel upgrade we're going through right now. We hope to have it all finished up by the end of the month. If I can dig up a pic of how it looked before we started this, I'll post that too. But the previous equipment list is as follows:

Trutrak EFIS AP III
Trutrak ADI
Gemini EMS
Garmin 696
Garmin SL30
Garmin GTX327

And here's what it looks like right now!

25i67x1.jpg

s4qult.jpg

Stay tuned for progress updates and final panel layout/equipment list. For now, it's a secret. :cool:

New update!

Here's what the panel looks like as of today. Progress is going well! We're looking good for being done by the end of August.

2zre4wy.jpg

You've caught our interest!

Is this new panel going into TruTrak's company aircraft? If not, who's the lucky guy/gal?

Jack

Test fit!

We got everything test fit for the first time this afternoon. Only lack the magnetometer mounting and hooking up grounds. Smoke test on Monday...hopefully!!!

I guess the cat is out of the bag on the equipment list now. :D

30w0z85.jpg

Official list:

GDU375
GDU370
SL30
GTX23ES
Gemini PFD
PM3000 intercom
GX Pilot
TS83 USB Module

Last edited:
Servo attachment?

Lucas, beautiful!

I'm building an RV-12 in Brazil and chose the analog panel route with a TruTrak AP.

How did you guys handle the servo attachment to the airframe and controls?

By the way... have you got the spec for those nice-looking rocker switches?

Regards,

Bruno

Lucas, beautiful!

I'm building an RV-12 in Brazil and chose the analog panel route with a TruTrak AP.

How did you guys handle the servo attachment to the airframe and controls?

By the way... have you got the spec for those nice-looking rocker switches?

Regards,

Bruno

Hi Bruno,

I'll see if I can dig up some info for you. We might have some pics of the servo installation. You can use the standard RV12 servo installation. Thanks!

More 12 pics!

Ok, so I am not sure that I know what I am doing here...Lucas has gone home for the day, so you are stuck with me trying to figure out how to post pictures.

Anyway, Here are a few shots of how it's looking today.

I should be test flying tomorrow!

12topview.jpg

12sideview.jpg

12magnetometer.jpg

12fullpanel.jpg

What round gauge?!?!

I don't see anything in the middle...whatever might you be talking about?:D

Yes, Gemini is coming along. More test flying of it today too! We are still on track to begin taking orders September 1.

The current plan is to have the 12 at the Badlands Flyin the 8th - 11th and then at LOE October 7-9. Just in case anyone wants to see the new toys!

I swear those two EFIS look to be sourced from an outside vendor. You wealthy guys are killing me with your panels. :)

Back