What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

oil cooler replacement

dadroot

Can anyone give the best placement of the vans oil cooler on the #5 baffel with an IO-320 in an 9A? Also, how do you route the fuel line from the fuel injection distributor on top of the engine?

Firewall mounted....

Here is how I firewall mounted my Van's oil cooler.

Pc280307-762405.jpg

Can anyone give the best placement of the vans oil cooler on the #5 baffel with an IO-320 in an 9A? Also, how do you route the fuel line from the fuel injection distributor on top of the engine?

You have two questions but I can only answer the one about placement of the oil cooler on the #5 baffle.

This if for the old style, pre-pre-punched, baffles.

1. Fit your cowlings
2. Trim your baffles to fit under the cowling.
3. Figure out how far down the rubber seals will need.
4. Place the doubler on the #5 baffle so it doesn't interfere with the rubber seals or anything else, drill it in place, and cut out the hole.

These two pictures might help you figure out the placement:
<-- Note the stiffener

PS. Even though I have an O-290, it is vertually the same size as your IO-320.

Regarding your 2nd question, try doing a search. That has come up before are there are some really good pictures in the archive.

Last edited:
...Also, how do you route the fuel line from the fuel injection distributor on top of the engine?

Through the hole in the intercylinder baffle (supplied with the engine), next to the case. Although you can use any routing that works.

Follow the red pipe in this picture (thanks, Brad)

IMG_3070.JPG

Pete

Last edited:
Back