What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder Pedal Travel

Hwood

Well Known Member
Am about to install my ground adjustable rudder pedals (-8) and have found that there is some clearance issues with the independent brake reservoirs hitting the firewall when the rudder pedals are mounted on the full forward position. The solution is pretty straightforward....just mount them farther back. My question is this......what kind of rudder pedal travel distance should I plan for once they are installed and connected to the rudder?

Anyone have a idea? Thanks in advance!

reservoirs

I saw the same thing and switched back to the normal method of having the brake reservoir connected with tubing. I am sure I don't need that much travel, but if someone with longer legs wanted to fly, the pedals might hit the FW.

Try adjusting the rudder cable length (the firewall anchors).

BTW - the RV-8 I helped with has independently reservoirs on the master cylinders. I found them to be a real PITA to check and fill. Not recommended.

Carl

Thanks guys...of course, going back to one reservoir is an option and has been considered.

Back