What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

QB longerons?

Glen P

Hi

I've read recommendations that extra longerons be included in the wing/fuse order. I'm ready to order RV-7 QB wings and fuselage. Will the longerons already be installed in the fuselage, making this a non-issue?

Thanks,
Glen

check this out

last month I read in barnstormer that a rv was for sale and it had 1 inch square tube longerons ??? I'm starting my fuse and will look into it. question why and how they did it. btc

Hi

I've read recommendations that extra longerons be included in the wing/fuse order. I'm ready to order RV-7 QB wings and fuselage. Will the longerons already be installed in the fuselage, making this a non-issue?

Thanks,
Glen

The longerons will already be installed. They are part of the primary structure.

I used 1? angle on the -4 I?m building. It helps with the edge distance issue on the tail and engine mount weldment bolt holes. Weight difference is negligible.

last month I read in barnstormer that a rv was for sale and it had 1 inch square tube longerons ??? I'm starting my fuse and will look into it. question why and how they did it. btc

I think it would be tough to buck rivets inside a 1" tube... So, either the ad isn't correct (maybe they meant angle, not tube), or the airplane used a LOT of pop rivets attaching skins and the like to those tubes.

I used 1? angle on the -4 I?m building. It helps with the edge distance issue on the tail and engine mount weldment bolt holes. Weight difference is negligible.

I did the same thing for the same reasons, but machined off the extra. You can read about that here.

Dave

Back