What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tailwheel Instructor near SoCal

Hey guys

So I have booked Reuven for transition training for this weekend, but I'm also looking for some tailwheel training time in general near Torrance/LA. Does anyone know of an instructor who could spend some time giving some basic ground lessons or flying time before Friday this week?

Thank you :)

Last edited:
There is a guy called Mickey with a green citabria at torrance. He does tailwheel training. Also there is a place in long beach and a place in santa paula.

Unsure of the connection to SoCal, but if you are looking for some FBO tailwheel transition training closer to Concord in NorCal, I would heartily recommend two outfits- first is Aerodynamic Aviation in San Jose at Reid Hillview airport. The other is Attitude Aviation in Livermore. Both have plenty of tailwheel savvy instructors and aircraft and also do aerobatic instruction, although I think the main thing for him to focus on will be takeoffs and landings and keeping things straight.
Good luck!
Tim

Back