What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-6A vs RV-7A in flight ??

Closterman

I curently fly a Cherokee. I have a friend who have buyed a RV-6A. Can I use it for transition training for my futur RV-7A ? I guess that the flight caracteristic are very near !

Virtually the same

I trained with Mike Seagar in Vans 7 and am now flying my 6. Bigger difference in the engine and prop than in the airframe.

Absolutely.

Definitely yes, Martin.

I've trained many guys in my old -6A to transition into, -6A's, -7's and -9A's. The -6A has very quick and light controls..pretty close to a -7A ...very little difference.

Best,

I transition trained with Mike Seager in a 6A in prep for flying my 7A. The 7A seemed a bit easier so the 6A was a good plane for transitioning for me. I test flew my 7A a month later.

Roberta

Perfect ! I will save a lot of money like that because we don't have a lot of RV here... Thanks for your answer !

I have beaucoup time in a 6A. Flew a 7A first flight and 40 hours with no problems....except getting used to the EFIS airspeed. I found that I tended to get slower than normal on final.

Back