What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Empennage Ordered

bkmerrill

Well, I made the jump and placed an order for an RV-10 Empennage Kit! No turning back now! Have spent the past several months going back and forth between building or buying a Bonanza. Finally decided I should quit wasting precious time and start the build. If I get the flying bug too bad a year or so from now, I may buy something to fly while I finish up the build. That said, I?m also very excited about building. Was at Oshkosh this year and love the community that we all get to enjoy through aviation. Look forward to several years of advice from you all. Will document our build at the (newly created) site in my sig below.

Welcome to the RV-10 building gang.

There are several of us building RV-10s here in the Houston, TX area, who will be glad to answer questions or just discuss our projects. There are also several that are finished with their build and flying.

The EAA 302 chapter ( https://www.eaa302.org/ ) that meets on the second Saturday of each month at Conroe airport has a large number of active builders, including several RV-10s. If you can make it, I highly recommend you attend a meeting to check it out and meet a few builders.

There is also a small group of RV builders who meet informally for lunch on the 3rd Saturday, but there are some months when we don't meet. Check the South Texas posting section here on VAFn for information on meeting and location a few days prior to the 3rd Saturday.

I'll send you a PM with my contact info in case you would like to discuss your new adventure.

Enjoy the build.

Congrats on making the choice to build a -10! I considered the same choice a few years back-- Build a 10 or buy a Mooney or Bonanza. Eventually it was obvious the -10 was the best option. I still fly my Warrior a lot, but I'm looking forward to having the -10 in hopefully a couple-three more years.

Congrats!!! I was wondering what you intended to do. Good luck and stop by anytime to check out the build. Dave is right, come on up to EAA302 for some great guidance and assistance.

Good luck!!

Back