What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Is there a West Coast A&P RV expert?

Earl Findlay

Is there an RV expert like Vic or Walt on the West Coast of the USA? I?d like to have an A&P contact somewhere on the west coast, should the need arise, and maybe for condition inspections.

Earl, not sure what specific location you had in mind on the West Coast. I can get this thread started for you from the southern-most point on the West Coast. In San Diego, we have a number of A&Ps who are experienced RV builders. Reuven Silberman is based in KSEE. Donnie Eckkers is in KRNM. There are others as well if you can't reach them.

Earl, not sure what specific location you had in mind on the West Coast. I can get this thread started for you from the southern-most point on the West Coast. In San Diego, we have a number of A&Ps who are experienced RV builders. Reuven Silberman is based in KSEE. Donnie Eckkers is in KRNM. There are others as well if you can't reach them.

Thank you. Do those guys have shops, or do they simply operate out of their hangars? I found contact info for Reuven, from a CFI page, but nothing for Donnie.

I don't know how much Donnie is doing these days but do a search for "Jackpoints" and he will come up. I'll send you a pm.

-Marc

Mike Robertson out at KBND (Bend Builders) does condition inspections and works on several RV's (and has a 9A himself I believe.

Bend isn't a horrible place to fly to as well.

Team Lite Aviation on the Rio Vista Airport O88

Working on RV?s and experimental?s is all they do.

Lee and Lars are experts and have both built their own RV planes.

They have done a number of great upgrades on my RV7.

Back