Originally Posted by Xkuzme1
Thinking about doing some upgrading in the future. Thought I would start with some questions about the Garman G3X.
1) Is the GPS that's built-in able to be certified for approaches? Enroute?
2) Can it only be paired with Garmin radios? Transponder? Becker radios?
3) Can a narco nav 122 data be displayed on it?
4) Can a non garmin servo be made to work with it?
5) Can it supply a trutrak PFD an rs232 feed?
6) Is the GPS Waas? If not, how does that factor in with the ADSB? If at all?
7) how much are the monthly / yearly updates?
8) if not updated, can you still use the outdated data?
9) where/what is the cheapest place to get a new/used G3X?
Okay, I'll guess. But I don't own one, so don't believe anything I say!
1. No. Built in gps carries no IFR "certification" (TSO)
2. You can make most radios work okay, as long as you don't want to control them thru the EFIS. Older VOR radios may not display CDI data on the EFIS.
3. See #2. I don't know.
4. I don't know but certainly for some servos the answer is no.
5. My guess is yes, but check.
6. Doesn't matter, the internal gps is not approved for ADSB-out use.
7. Check Garmin's web site. There are many different "packages".
8. Yes. But it may not be legal for IFR except "awareness"
9. On this forum for used! For new ask Stein (an advertiser here) for a quote. (he may not be the absolutely cheapest but he is dependable, honest, great service).