What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Slider Canopy

jaradtke

Well Known Member
Can someone measure the distance the aft canopy skirt overhangs the center rail with the canopy in the fully open position. I need to install an antenna/doubler and don?t want it interfering with the canopy.

Are you putting in the Supertracks for extended canopy opening? I Highly recommend it before mounting an antenna behind the canopy.....that being said, 1-5/8" above center rail before the supertracks extended opening, and in the fully open position with the supertracks it is 1-3/8" (because the canopy tilt angle changes slightly)

Just helped a friend install the Supertracks in his 6 and I strongly agree with the previous poster. Plan to put the Supertracks in. We just moved his comm antenna back. I was very impressed with the kit and instructions. You definitely want the increased access to the baggage area it provides. The plane can now have roll aboard suitcases loaded while standing on the ground. Big improvement! The plane won't carry more weight (obviously) but will handle large or bulky items much better,

Back