What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shop Coverall Recommendations

walldan

Well Known Member
I have begun working on a 1940s aircraft restoration. It is very clear this plane is dirty. I am looking for recommendations on shop coveralls to keep my cloths clean and my wife happy.

I will we wearing them/working 2-4 days a month so they don't have to be made of steel. I am 5'11" 140 lbs so fit is a concern. I would like light weight and long sleeves...

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Army-Navy store

I found a great pair at the Army-Navy surplus store locally. They have velcro cuffs and zippers for pocket access, etc. Price was about $30. (I do take a bit of ribbing due to the camo. color.) :rolleyes:

Used Coveralls

I buy used coveralls from Walt's Wholesale for about $10-12/pair. Sometimes they are new surplus, sometimes gently used, but still very serviceable. When they get too dirty to reasonably use again - I throw them away and buy some more. The last batch I got had two brand new pair and two pair that were used, but plenty good enough for shop work. Out here in the west, where it is usually warm enough to forego the entire length, I cut off the arms and legs and call 'em overshorts!

www.usedworkclothing.com

YMMV

HFS

B-25

What plane?

The plane is a B-25 Bomber which was last flown sometime in the 1990's. It was a display piece, but now the organization which owns it has decided it was time to get it back into the air. It will be a complete tear down and rebuild.

The organization is still waiting for some additional documentation on the aircraft as it is a bit of a "Franken-Bomber" The think it was flown in combat as a B-25G, but it had a nose replaced with an earlier version (Glass Nose). It was reconfigured for corporate use and then ended up in a museum. There is a lot of history to dig thru.

It is a very cool project to now be part of.

The plane is a B-25 Bomber which was last flown sometime in the 1990's. It was a display piece, but now the organization which owns it has decided it was time to get it back into the air. It will be a complete tear down and rebuild.

The organization is still waiting for some additional documentation on the aircraft as it is a bit of a "Franken-Bomber" The think it was flown in combat as a B-25G, but it had a nose replaced with an earlier version (Glass Nose). It was reconfigured for corporate use and then ended up in a museum. There is a lot of history to dig thru.

It is a very cool project to now be part of.

That's what I was hoping for...WWII!!!! Good for you guys. Anywhere I could fly to in my RV? :)

Back