What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon EGT part numbers

prkaye

Well Known Member
I'm trying to reconcile the Dynon part numbers for EGT probes with Aircraft Spruce's numbers.
The EGT probes on the left side are labelled 100405-000 (label on the end of the wire) and these correspond to Aircraft Spruce PN 10-01169. But for the Right side, the probes are different (angled bayonets and longer wires) and are labelled 100404-000. Anybody know what Aircraft Spruce PN to order for these probes?

EDIT - I might be wrong on the labelled Dynon part number for the EGT probes on the right side - the 100404 appears to be a CHT probe. Nevertheless, the EGT probes that I have on the right side are different than the left side - the probes are curved at an angle of about 45 degrees outside the clamp to allow clearance for the cowl, and the wires appear to be longer. I'm having trouble finding these probes.

Last edited:
I had dynon probes and they were all straight, so maybe the ones you have were bent to fit. That being said I wouldn't buy any dynon egt probes. I had one go bad in 70 hrs. Dynon basically told me they supply low end EGT probes and to expect them not to last long. I replaced my dynon egt probes with probes from KS Avionics. They were more expensive, but higher quality and a 2 yr or 1000 hr warranty.

I have 3 Dynon egt probes unused with 70 hrs, that still worked if you are interested.

I had the same deal as Ryan. My dynon-supplied probes went at 80hrs. I installed the KS avionics probes and flew for another ~420 before I sold the airplane. When we did the pre-sell inspection and pulled the probes they were still looking good!

Back