What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing/fuselage Connectors

Ernie

Page 31B-24 Step 4---This section describes installing the F-0034-L Wing Electical Bracket to the F-1226-L Seat Ramp Floor using the four mounting screws as shown inn Figure 1. My Seat Ramp Floor doesn't have the screw holes. The figure doesn't provide any location dimensions for drilling my own holes. Can anyone provide me with measurements to a couple of these holes? I performed a search on this topic but was unsuccessful.

Last edited:
My plans are at the hangar but you drill those holes using the drill template. Those of us with the Skyview conversions got a square piece of aluminum with many drilled holes to use as a template for several different Skyview-related mods, including the revised wing connector brackets to the floor pans. The plans showed exactly how to use the template to make those holes. Recheck the plans.

Thanks for the reply. I found the template you mentioned. However, I'm unable to find any instructions for using it for the wing electrical connection hole locations. I looked thru section 42D, but no success. This kit uses the new skyview fuselage wiring harness. The 31B instructions coming with the new harness doesn't cover this issue. I will call Van's later on this morning. Since I haven't order the avionics package yet, I paid no attention to section 42D.

Ernie

I have section 31A in PDF with all the instructions. Send me a PM with your email address and I will send it to you

Craig

Thanks for the reply. I found the template you mentioned. However, I'm unable to find any instructions for using it for the wing electrical connection hole locations. I looked thru section 42D, but no success. This kit uses the new skyview fuselage wiring harness. The 31B instructions coming with the new harness doesn't cover this issue. I will call Van's later on this morning. Since I haven't order the avionics package yet, I paid no attention to section 42D.

I posted on this here http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=82432&page=2&highlight=skyview

Thanks everyone for your responses, I contacted Van's support and they immediately emailed the 31A drawing which provides the information I need. Those who are in similar situation as me (new skyview wiring harness), recommend you contact Van's if you didn't receive 31A section. In addition, review 42D before placing the harnesses in the fuselage.

Back