What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Falconview Users?

Feetwet

For awhile the USAF (GTI) had an open release of the Falconview flight planning software. They no longer support it, but it is still available on the internet at various sites. I use it in my RV4 cockpit with a GPS feed, now on a Surface 3 that was surplus to my wife's needs. I use it with JNCs, GNCs, Sectionals and Terminals. I keep the Sectionals and Terminals updated with the online FAA digital products, and have been very happy with it all, particularly for cross country flights. I believe it is still in use within the AF, for the flyers and the UAV controllers, and I know some of these have a General Aviation inclination, so I am somewhat surprised to see little mention of it in the flight planning/inflight information sections. If anyone other than me is using it, and wants discussion or some of my maps, please chime in.

Being AF AD all we use is ForeFlight. I?m in an unusual airframe though, and realize that some of the of the other platforms do still use PFPS for flight plannng. It seems like mostly assets that use it to CHUM obstacles for low levels or for fuel planning. It seems like an antiquated piece of software compared to ForeFlight nowadays.

Back