What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EarthX ETX680c - installation in a rv9

anumerick

At OSH this year, I picked up a EarthX battery box for the 680c. The 680c is a bit more compact and little than the 680. Weight and more room at the firewall.. I thought this would be great. However, now I'm getting ready to install it...

Due to the size I'm not sure exactly where to line this up at on the firewall. My concern it will have to be mounted too low, per the plans interfering with the starter relay.

Anyone had this experience with the 680c?

thanks,
-Allen

At OSH this year, I picked up a EarthX battery box for the 680c. The 680c is a bit more compact and little than the 680. Weight and more room at the firewall.. I thought this would be great. However, now I'm getting ready to install it...

Due to the size I'm not sure exactly where to line this up at on the firewall. My concern it will have to be mounted too low, per the plans interfering with the starter relay.

Anyone had this experience with the 680c?

thanks,
-Allen

Just my opinion, but, if you mount the box so it puts the battery posts at the same height on the FW as the 680, it will leave more room on the bottom and give the same wiring dimensions as the 680 on top. Just put the solenoids down where the plans state and then you can always go back to the 680 if needed. Stick to the plans as much as possible. There are always cascading connection and possible conflicting interactions we can not predict without all the detailed installation drawings in hand. Voice of experience. :eek:

Thanks Jeff. The picture was very helpful. Now it's time for me to cut the canopy, just need some warm weather; July and August has been below average with highs in the upper 60's.

[Topic Change] Anyone in the Detroit area what to help me cutting the canopy? ;)

Back