What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How many cleco's needed

vluvelin

Well Known Member
Hi guys
hangar is 50 KM away and i need clecos to buy
Can some one give me number of cleco's by size needed for
Top and Bottom outer skins on RV7 wing

Thank you

50-100 1/8 inch copper
300-500 3/32 inch silver

Get wedgeloc (sp?) type.

There is a difference

Clekos

50-100 1/8 inch copper
300-500 3/32 inch silver

Get wedgeloc (sp?) type.

There is a difference

That's a good number but it depends on how many holes you fill and if you build one or two wings at the same time. Then add clekos for the tanks.
I have 1,000 and ran out but I filled every other hole in the wings then 100% in the tanks. I just borrowed every other hole out of the wings till the tanks were done then moved them back.
Also, buy Wedgelock.

Just to clarify Julian is fixing skins on ONE RV7 wing. Just removing old skins and riveting new. No tanks work. He needs clecos size and quantity for one wing only. I wish I had RV7 plans on hand I would love to count. :)

Just to clarify Julian is fixing skins on ONE RV7 wing. Just removing old skins and riveting new. No tanks work. He needs clecos size and quantity for one wing only. I wish I had RV7 plans on hand I would love to count. :)

If he is only re-skinning the wing then he'll only need 3/32 clecos. I just counted the rivet holes in both inner and outer bottom wing skins of my 7 and there are 561 (no cover or tank holes). That is to fill every one with a cleco. So if you go every other hole then 561 should do both top and bottom skins.

Back