What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 wingtip lens

I am looking for a left wingtip landing light lens for my 2002 RV-8. Vans no longer offers the lens so I am hoping someone knows of a source. Thanks for any help I can get.

I looked at DW and the lens looks to be for a wing leading edge and not a wingtip. Or am I looking at the wrong one?

lens

They are for the leading edge and the stock vans tip lenses are for the 715 tip, not the 415 which is the earlier (pre2005) tip. Anybody at Vans know where the lens molds used by the supplier back then might have ended up?

Flyboy Accessories

Hi Terry

Flyboy Accessories had a batch of VA-148 wingtip lenses made by Van's original manufacturer.
Note that there were at least three mod kits made for the W-415 wingtip. These lenses suit Van's kit, which can be identified by the light bay faces being made from aluminium and having a 90* opening angle.
Others were made with fiberglass, one having a 120* opening and the other being big enough to put a PAR-36 light out there as well.

I am looking for a left wingtip landing light lens for my 2002 RV-8. Vans no longer offers the lens so I am hoping someone knows of a source. Thanks for any help I can get.

I was checking one of the VAF advertisers the other day and saw lens. I think FlyBoyAccessories.com has what you are looking for.

Other options?

The lenses on my RV4 are shown as one of the types the Flyboys part will not fit. If anyone knows of a source for replacement lenses shown as the second "will not fit" type (contains nav lights but no landing light) I would be interested in obtaining a set. Mine are fine now but I would really like to have a spare set.

wingtip lens

So far no luck with any commercial suppliers. We have created a buck that a friend will try to use to vacuum form a lens. If it works, I will see if he wants to create additional lenses for left and right sides.

Wingtip lenses

If these are the ones that fit the bat-style wingtips, I will take a L/R pair to get the sales going. And if it works, remember to save the buck - someone will need more in the future.

Back