What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Polished QB vs SB

1bigdog

Well Known Member
Hi all,

For those who have purchased QB kits for their polished AC's did you consider the quality of the delivered product good enough to polish or would you have gone with SB given what you know now.

My plan is to buy a QB wing kit and build an SB fuse while the wings are being built ( both yet to be purchased). So is the quality of the skins on QB good enough?

Thanks all for you insight.

Michael B
College Fund Contributor
RV-9a emp underway
C-FWMB (reserved)

Don't worry about it. You don't need 100% pristine metal to achieve a good polish. It might take a little more time if it isn't but it is not impossible. With enough work even deep scratches can be polished out. My QB stuff arrived with a surface that would leave it very simple to polish.

It's certainly doable but I'd say my QB fuse is going to take more elbow grease to polish than my SB wings. There are deffinately some surface blemishes that were dressed out prior to me receiving.

3179ton.jpg

So I'll just carry on ...

Ok. As I often hear, I'll just carry on with the plan. Be interesting to hear if anyone on Canada has a QK kit to offer otherwise I'll prob place that order soon. Thanks for the input.

Michael B

Back