What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

September 19 Fly-in Belfast Maine

Dvalcik

Well Known Member
Sponsor
:D
flyin3 smaller.jpg

After moving from PA to Maine I was fortunate to meet a great group of Pilots and RVs. I ended up at Belfast airport (KBST), which is home of the EAA chapter 1434. (we have 5 flying RVs and one under construction on the field). The EAA guys were kicking around the idea of having a fly-in and I had mentioned that I was going to informally host a RV fly-in and the 1st Annual Belfast Mid Coast Fly-in was born.

We will have the usual gathering of planes, good food, awards for RVs, great stories or lies, depends on who is telling them. :D We have added a slight wrinkle from most fly-Ins. When you visit Maine you have to try the Lobsters, so we have arranged for that. We will take orders and they will be packed and ready for your return flight by off the Hook. Price will be local Maine market prices at the time of the event. For those who plan on attending and wish to bring back lobsters, we will have them ready for you prior to departure. They will be packed in Styrofoam and ready to go. :cool:

lobster3.jpg

Please email me 2 days prior to the fly-in so we can get a rough count of how many lobster that will be needed, shoot me an email me at [email protected] and add FLY-IN to the subject line.

More to information to come as we get closer Sept 19th.

Has the City found an FBO for the field yet? I rented a little C-150 there a few years ago for a scenic flight and they were working on getting fuel for the airport. This past June I had done preliminary flight planning for our vacation in Stockton Springs and found out there was no fuel available and no FBO at KBST. The City of Belfast had a posting looking to lure in an FBO operator at that time. I planned on getting my fuel at KRKD but the weather turned to nasty so we drove. :( Might just have to fly up there for a long weekend,,,,,, Off The Hook makes a pretty good fried Haddock sandwich!

Back