What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Precision Injector Servo Wrong Throttle Direction!!

RV fan

Hello RV Builders,

i had fallowing trouble today.. i had a first Engine Start Today, and i checked during the first secunds my Throttle Direction (Open-Close) is in the Wrong Direction!!!
Whn i open the Throttle in the Cockpit the Lever on the Injector Servo goes in the Idle Position, and when i close the Trottle in the Panel the Servo (Lever) goes to full open (high RPM) !!

That was not realy funny during the first time running!!!

Question: Is it possible to Change one my current Injector Servo the Lever or other things so i can becom the correct wa from the Lever, or is a Injector Servo avialable with an "reverse" Open/Close Lever ??

I had not the exact Part Number from my current FI in Hand, but its an Precision RSA 5.... Injector Servo on a IO320 Lyc.

Thanks for Help

Manfred

Manfred,

My RSA-5 was backwards as well. We got the engine off a wrecked RV-6 we purchased so I'm not sure what the servo fit originally, maybe a twin. I spun it 180 degrees and modified the control cable mount that came with Van's FWF kit. Throttle is now on the left side and mixture on the right. Airflow performance provided me with an offset mixture arm when I had the servo rebuilt.

Photos aren't very good (wish I had a close-up that showed the mixture side):

Modified Cable Bracket:

Last edited:
Manfred,
Precision has some good info on their site.
They build that servo as a standard or alternate.
I had the same issue but you are able to switch the lever to the opposite side so that the action is correct. It may take cable bracket or lever changes.
http://www.precisionairmotive.com/silverhawkapplications.htm

The dash 1 or dash 2 indicates which rotation you have.

Thank you Gentleman for your Feedbacks... I will see what comes back from Precision airmotive too..

Manfred

Same issue - very workable without modifying servo

I had same issue with my TMX IO-320. Check out some pictures on my build log. I modified the airbox using an RV-10 airbox part to give me clearance to swing arm down. I also put a small blister in lower cowl to insure that the swinging arm move freely. The blister is not noticeable after final paint.

http://n91rv.com/Firewall_Forward.html#grid

Hope this helps a bit!

If nothing else, this is a good opportunity to point out the importance of verifying the control movement has the desired results before you operate the aircraft.

Reminds me of an F-15 crash back in the 80's where the rudder and stabilator pushrods were switched after maintenance. End of runway check looked good to go as the pilot "stirred the stick", but at rotation the aircraft rolled over on its back and crashed.

Remember to verify "...Free and correct..."

FI Servo Injector

Hello,

Between I become a new FI Injector Servo with "Standard Throttle Rotation" from Company Precission..
an great and fast Support and a very great Staff..

many Thanks to all what have me Supported.

Manfred

Back