What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Who can cut my panel like this?

Jeff A

Well Known Member
This is an excerpt from the Dynon Skyview brochure. Was wondering who could cut a panel like this for me AND confirm that a Garmin GTN6xx will fit properly in the space identified as "IFR GPS"? When a panel is cut, do they also drill for the screws and nutplates?

I cut my first panel all by hand, and would prefer not to tackle something like this. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

17083518991_68781a3b3b_b.jpg

We are currently building this panel, the GTN650 should fit in place of the IFD440.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems
N402RH RV-10

Many fine options there Jeff - and I know you said you didn't want to cut it yourself - but this one only took about three hours using a drill, jig saw, and files. Square holes are REALLY easy....and the funny shaped holes for the modules aren't THAT bad (once you are done with them....).

IMG_1072.JPG

(Not an RV panel BTW - this is for our Tundra project)

I had my panel water-jet cut. I used the original with the kit as a prototype and then bought a piece of 063 to use as the final. You can download a dfx file from the VANS website and use a cheap CAD program to add your details (I used TurboCAD). All the dimensions for the various boxes can be found on the appropriate product documentation.

The panel mount screw holes I had cut - the individual units I drilled myself. Local company in the UK did it as a small "cash" job. Came out great.

Back