What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FBO at Dothan Airport

APACHE 56

Well Known Member
I am planning a flight for a few aircraft from Merritt Island, FL to Dothan to visit the Army Aviation Museum at Ft Rucker. Any recommendations on which FBO to request?
thanks
Don

Bucket List Trip

I haven't been back to Mother Rucker since I graduated in November of 70. Need to make that trip.

Past through there about a year ago while ferrying a DA40 to the west coast. The people and facility at Flightline were nice.

We always fueled at Flightline with a military King Air since they had the contract, but we always got good service
Duane

Vietnam

I would like to make that trip as well. I wonder if we crossed paths.
I was there from Sept 1970 to April 1971.

I was with the 101st in I Corps from Jan thru Dec of 71 and then in Stuttgart from Mar 72 till June 74. Were you anywhere close then?

Either FBO is good to go. Headland, 0J6 has much cheaper fuel, $5.3/gal, but no services beyond fuel. I would tie down at DHN and pop in and get fuel at 0J6. 0J6 is ~6 miles from DHN.

Fort Rucker aviation museum

For anyone interested, here's a teaser on the museum: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaJa0zK9mTA Any RVers coming to visit, let me know and I'd love to be your tour guide. I live 2 miles from the museum. First assignment to Rucker was 1969, 2nd 1980-84, 3rd 91 to present.

Bill McLean
RV-4 slider
Daleville, AL

Back