What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

engine stud source?

airguy

Unrepentant fanboy
Sponsor
I need to get some replacement studs for my vacuum pad and prop governor, where is a good source for those?

Try Superior airparts, Mattituck, and the engine guy I use for all my GA work is Bulldoc Aviation. Darrell is awesome and his guys have never done me wrong.

I need to get some replacement studs for my vacuum pad and prop governor, where is a good source for those?

Greg I got some extras with my engine from superior. I will measure them when I get to the airport today and let you know. Is there a certain length your looking for?

-david

I tried AERO and they drop shipped them from Superior. Just did this last week and they were very quick in getting them out. Had them in three days.

Every Napa should have a full stock of Dorman studs.

See, now this is the information that I needed - if these are common Dorman studs and not some Lycoming-proprietary ****, then the situation gets a little easier to solve.

Thanks!

See, now this is the information that I needed - if these are common Dorman studs and not some Lycoming-proprietary ****, then the situation gets a little easier to solve.

Thanks!

Heck the ones from Dorman are better. I have never tried to get oversize studs.

I got a stud (with an oversize: -P03) from Air Power, Inc. in Texas, down the street from Superior. Good service from Mark in parts - I'd use them again.

- Doug

Back