What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oshkosh Visit from UK by RV-7

Ron Mitcham

I'm New Here
I'm planning to fly my RV7 G-RVTT solo across Atlantic from England to USA via the Northern Route. I hope to arrive in Bangor Maine to clear inbound Customs on 5 July 2016. An ex-British Airways Captain friend is travelling out by commercial to accompany me around the US. I will need to take out a 160 litre auxiliary tank fitted on the passenger seat and would ask any RV'ers in the Bangor area if I could store the tank, immersion suit etc for 3-4 weeks whilst we travel around US. After Oshkosh I'm planning to refit the tank at end of July before flying back to the UK.

He is in Belfast ME. I'll point him to this post.

If Governor is unavailable Captain John has a base in Rangeley ME 8B0. I am sure he can store the stuff at his ranch. It's about 80 nm west of Bangor and I know where the key is :)

Good to hear that you've got it together for this year. I hope my old charts helped with the planning.
I'll look out for you at OSH; I'll be camped on the N40 near the fire station.

Good luck with the trip and let me know if there's anything more I can help with.

Are you heading to the west coast?

Oshkosh '16

Good to hear that you've got it together for this year. I hope my old charts helped with the planning.
I'll look out for you at OSH; I'll be camped on the N40 near the fire station.

Good luck with the trip and let me know if there's anything more I can help with.

Are you heading to the west coast?

Hi Mark
I am hoping to get in to Bangor on or after 5th July. Then after taking out the auxiliary tank John Michie (ex-BA captain an builder of an RV6a) will fly down to First Flight then across to Houston to a friends and then up to Oshkosh. We are booked in to the students accommodation. I still have all yours maps etc, thanks though I will be subscribing to Fore Flight. Rgds Ron

Oshkosh '16

He is in Belfast ME. I'll point him to this post.

Hi Governor
I am planning to arrive solo in Bangor on or after 5th July. An ex-British Airways captain who built his RV6a will come over and we will take out a 160ltr auxiliary fuel tank which will be on the passenger seat. We are then planning to fly down to First Flight and then on to Houston where we have a mutual friend who flies 787's for United. We will then fly up to Oshkosh for 24th and then back to Bangor to re-fit the tank and I will fly it back across the pond. Could you store the tank, immersion suit and other equipment for 3-4 weeks please. After clearing inbound I could fly down to a local airfield to remove the tank. Thanks for your consideration. Regards Ron Mitcham G-RVTT

Hi Governor
I am planning to arrive solo in Bangor on or after 5th July. An ex-British Airways captain who built his RV6a will come over and we will take out a 160ltr auxiliary fuel tank which will be on the passenger seat. We are then planning to fly down to First Flight and then on to Houston where we have a mutual friend who flies 787's for United. We will then fly up to Oshkosh for 24th and then back to Bangor to re-fit the tank and I will fly it back across the pond. Could you store the tank, immersion suit and other equipment for 3-4 weeks please. After clearing inbound I could fly down to a local airfield to remove the tank. Thanks for your consideration. Regards Ron Mitcham G-RVTT

Ron
You have a place to stay and would be glad to help. We might even have to have a lobster cook out. My email is below shoot me a message. At that time we will have a few other RVrs visiting also.

Last edited:
Back