What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RAF camping trip at Creighton Island - Sept. 28th & 29th

N941WR

Legacy Member
On the weekend of September 28th & 29th the RAF (www.theraf.org) will host the final Creighton Island fly-in camping trip of the season.

You are all welcome to come but I do ask that you RSVP to brepucci (at) theraf (dot) org. (Yes, No, and Maybe is acceptable.)

The island has good, clean drinking water and showers with hot and cold running water; however, you will be responsible for tents, sleeping bags, chairs, food, etc.

We hope to have a Pig Pick’n with a locally harvested swine on Saturday night. If we don’t have any luck, we will run into town and pick up supplies for a low country boil.

In addition, if you are a musician and can bring your instrument(s), please do so. We are trying to arrange some entertainment but the more the merrier!

As I said before, all are welcome but we ask that you RSVP, review the safety briefing, and watch this video of the approach, landing, and takeoff. (The camera ship was a certain blue and white RV-9.)

The runway is bumpy but I have seen an RV-9, two RV-10's, and an RV-4 in there.

We hope and pray for good weather and good times.

Last edited:
remind the fellow in charge

that y'all were invited last year to Hop-Along for camping :D:p

Have a great adventure and fair skies!

We?ll keep an eye on weather and hope it?s cooled off enough by then. Not too bad of a flight for the Rebel to get over that way. As it gets closer I?ll send a PM if we intend on making it.

Hope to see you guys on that side of FL make the Blackwater fly in 9-11 November as well.

Creighton Island

Bill,
I sent an email. I plan to attend in my -14. How many aircraft thus far?

Marvin

Bill,
I sent an email. I plan to attend in my -14. How many aircraft thus far?

Marvin

Check your email, you should have a reply from my RAF account. If not, please let me know.

We are close to 10 planes so far and room for many more.

This weekend

I was really looking forward to this event. This morning I attempted to fix a small oil leak. I now have a large oil leak with new gaskets on order. The plane will not be back together before the Creighton Island event. Take and post pictures please.

I may be able to stop in on Sunday for a look-see but have commitments elsewhere, unfortunately. Sad since I'm only a 10 minute flight away at KLHW.

I was really looking forward to this event. This morning I attempted to fix a small oil leak. I now have a large oil leak with new gaskets on order. The plane will not be back together before the Creighton Island event. Take and post pictures please.

Bummer Marvin!

Good luck getting it fixed.

I may be able to stop in on Sunday for a look-see but have commitments elsewhere, unfortunately. Sad since I'm only a 10 minute flight away at KLHW.

See you there!

Fly over first. We may blast out early for breakfast.

I imagine you'll head to St. Simon or Jekyll but KLHW has a loaner car (Crown Vic) and many restaurants within a few miles.

Usually SSI because we can walk to BBQ or we hijack a crew car and head into town for breakfast.

I'll PM you phone number, give me a call before you takeoff.

Back