What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 in Rock Hill, SC Area

FlyGood

Anyone in the Rock Hill area with an RV-8 that my dad could see? I am building one in Houston, but at 93 years of age, it's doubtful he'll ever be able to see it. He doesn't travel any more.

I am visiting him this week and we have Thursday afternoon and Friday morning (27 & 28 April) available.

If someone can help, please call or text 281-682-7005.

Thanks,
Ken Cockrell

A couple in Lancaster, SC

I have a -4, not an -8, and will be out of town during this time period but hopefully one of the LKR guys will hit you up. There are 3 or 4 over here now.
Patrick

I have a -4, not an -8, and will be out of town during this time period but hopefully one of the LKR guys will hit you up. There are 3 or 4 over here now.
Patrick

I was just at LKR - well last September - to visit Bob Shaw.

Last edited:
Thanks!

I'd like to publicly thank Tom Tousignant for giving my dad and I a tour of his very nice -8. We enjoyed the visit to Kirk Air Base and meeting Tom.

Ken,

Was that visit to Bob Shaw, the ex fighter pilot Bob "Mouse" Shaw?

Jerry "Joe Bob" Kemp

Yeah it was. Stayed with him and his wife Sue for a couple days. We've been friends for over 20 years. And it was in September not July - I started watching for good weather weeks in July but one didn't happen to coincide with other free time until Sept.

Last edited:
Back