What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Better than expected response from McMaster

David Paule

Well Known Member
I had an issue with one item on an order that came today from www.mcmaster.com. Something was damaged in a way that I couldn't use it, but most of the item was fine, and the good portion was more than large enough for them to restock it, although not in the original size.

I called them up.

The person who picked up the phone was able to give me a credit and send me another. No phone menu, no waiting.

They refused my offer to return the item, saying they'd prefer that I found a use for the remaining portion. This I can do. They didn't ask for a photo.

Since the item was somewhat pricey, this considerably exceeded my expectation.

Bottom line: top score for McMaster. They done well.

Dave

I am somewhat amazed that reason is being used at some companies these days. My son had the same situation with a relatively nice pair of hiking pants from a recognized outfitter. He ordered 32x30, they sent 30x32 (oh, too be young again). When he called about doing a swap, they said "we'll send the correct item to you no charge, just donate the wrong item to charity." Nice! :)

Back