What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dual Headset / LEMO

mulde35d

Well Known Member
Friend
I had been debating for a while whether to wire in two LEMO plugs or 1 LEMO and 1 Standard Headset / Microphone Jack. But now am thinking of an alternate approach.

My question is has anyone wired a LEMO Jack and Standard Headset / Microphone jack is parallel. I am thinking of wiring in a LEMO and Standard jack on each side of the aircraft so I could use a dedicated Bose or a standard plug headset. So it would be 2 LEMO's and 2 Standard Jacks for a 2 seat aircraft.

Thoughts? Issues with noise being introduced through this approach?

Should be OK!

We have wired both in series hundreds of times with success, should not have any issues!

Yes, I wired both Lemo and standard plugs on both sides and I have no issues. I just wired them parallel where I mounted the jacks. You should have no issues.

I wired both. My lemos have some static, my standards do not. I assume something is grounding out properly, just doesn’t bother me enough to troubleshoot at this time.

Last edited:
The LEMO jacks in parallel with the "standard" jacks is the way Bose recommends it be done in their installation material.

There is a VAF thread about it here.

See page 37 in the Bose A20 manual.

Last edited:
Back