What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Small deburring wheel source???

nbachert

Well Known Member
I?m looking to get some new 2in diameter by 3/4 in width wheels but I can?t find them anywhere. They say scotchbrite CP-7A on them but nothing comes up when searching, they are the same as the big wheels just a smaller size. I found something of that size but can?t confirm it is what I want and I have to get 30 of them. If not I?ll be calling to confirm with scotchbrite. Thanks

Nick

Here's the Cleveland link: http://www.cleavelandtool.com/Edge-Deburring/products/28/0/7/

This isn't what you're asking for, but it's worth considering.

919fFWMJz4L._SL640_.jpg

It makes lightening holes and edges a breeze. Works great for scuffing prior to priming too.

Craytex

What about Craytex? We used that for deburring steel at the machine shop where I used to work. It seems like it should work for Aluminum, too.

The wheel supplied by Avery was 3M ID 61500122421. It is 3/4 face, 2" dia, 1/4" arbor hole. Unified, density 7, mineral A, Medium Grade

Zoro had some that were close 6 ? medium (gray) I think it is just a less dense wheel. Not sure about the mineral used and what is good for aluminum.

Edit: I found them on the 3M website and can be ordered in a case of 15.

Edit 2: Even more simple, here is that same wheel at Cleaveland Tools.

Last edited:
Yeah something does not seem right about those. The price is too good to be true,

There are two different kinds. One is maroon scotch brite and works great on aluminum. The second is much more aggressive and is only suitable for steels or very rapid removal of aluminum.

I lucked out and found some on Amazon. It was the last bag and haven't seen them on their since. I bought the 1" diameter soft ones. I was buying them from Cleaveland at 6 dollars a pop until I found a bag of 50 for $60.

Back