VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 12-24-2012, 04:39 AM

@DRBuilder... I noticed you're from the Winston Salem area. I am stationed at Camp Lejeune, but currently in Afghanistan. Looking to return to the states sometime around May and would love to come out and check out your progress on the -14... Maybe even help you buck some rivets if you'll let me. Looks like about a 1.5 hr flight in my little Warrior. I was originally looking at the -7, but at 255lbs, the -14 looks like a better option.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:30 AM

Cwilkins,

Definitely check out the 14, but know that a 7 will probably work for you if you can't swing a14 financially. I'm 6.0, 255 and fit comfortably. Enjoy the sandbox, keep your head down, thanks for going so my wife doesn't have to ( ), etc!
Old 12-24-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilkins View Post
@DRBuilder... I noticed you're from the Winston Salem area. I am stationed at Camp Lejeune, but currently in Afghanistan. Looking to return to the states sometime around May and would love to come out and check out your progress on the -14... Maybe even help you buck some rivets if you'll let me. Looks like about a 1.5 hr flight in my little Warrior. I was originally looking at the -7, but at 255lbs, the -14 looks like a better option.
Wake Forest is just NE of Raleigh. You're thinking of the College, which is located near Winston Salem. In either case, you're welcome to stop by. I kept my RV7 at LHZ, which is only a 20 minute drive from my house. Give me plenty of heads up and I'll be glad to pick you up at LHZ.
N713DR Super-7 IO/540 SOLD
http://www.drrv7.com
Old 12-27-2012, 11:39 AM

Oh great. LHZ is much closer. Looks like a 45 min flight.