What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What do you think the Average flight hours are per airplane on the 10,0000?

What do you think is the average hours on the 10,000 RVs that have flown?

• <200 hours

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • 200-399 hours

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • 400-599 hours

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • 600-799 hours

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • 800-999 hours

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • >1000 hours

Votes: 4 6.9%

• Total voters

plehrke

Well Known Member
Patron
Unbelievable!. 10,000 RVs have flown. Another amazing thing about RVs, in my opinion, is not only that many have flown but that they fly many hours. Lots of experimentals get built that accumulate very few hours.

I would like to see if we can determine the average flight hours on each of the 10,000. If the poll asked how many flight hours do you have on your RV? the accuracy would be suspect based on who responded to the poll. Therefore the question is what do you think is the average flight hours per RV?. This type of crowd sourcing poll increases by many times the airplanes considered in the poll as each person responding is considering theirs plus all they know about. This method has shown to produce accurate results from sources that know very little about the question. Let’s give it a try. (If this method is accurate, voter pollsters should ask “who do you think will win” and not “who are you voting for”)

Related polls in past asked for hours per year:
One in 2010
One in 2007

Last edited:
A better question is "What is the Total Time on your RV?"

That includes prior ownership. The number of responses will tell you the percentage of the 10,000 planes.

My "guess" as to the number of hours per bird is in no way indicative of anything. I personally know people who fly 4 of 5 times more than me every month.

Back