What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Quickbuild delays?

huzilulu

Hi Everyone...

Quick question - has anyone received a QB kit recently (RV10 specially)? How long was the wait? I am looking at a QB fuse+wing available for sale, and the seller claims he had to wait almost a year to receive it - so just trying to judge accurate wait times...

Thanks!

I ordered QB wings in the middle of December, and received a crating date of late May/early June. Looks to be consistent with their lead time chart.

There was a time that the QB kits were significantly delayed. That was a number of years ago though. I think I received mine in around 6 months.

Unfortunately, it seems the wait times aren't getting any better. I ordered the RV10 quick build kit with empennage, QB wings, QB fuselage and finishing kit in full all at once on 5-13-2020. Received the empennage kit on 6-2-2020. Completed empennage 8-22-2020. Initially, I was told to expect a September/October delivery on the QB fuse and wings which would fit with the posted 5 month lead times. I have called vans at the first of every month to check the status. Each time an additional month is added. Just called today (12-29-2020) to check again. They said the wings have arrived on the container but, now they say fuse isn't expected for another month until February 2-1-2021. Add the 2 week inspection time at Vans then the 1 week plus shipping time,... that puts the total time right at 10 months and that's assuming no further delays. 10 months not 5 months. Anyone else seeing these types of delays?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a patient man. I'm not complaining. It is what it is. I completely understand the covid issues, wild fires, new pre-drilled holes etc. and I dont hold anything against Vans at all. I think they are doing the best they can. The simple fact is, it is almost torture to have to wait 6 months and waste all that time not being able to work on anything! Hah! That was the whole point of the quickbuild which was to save some time building and get into the air faster. In hindsight, I suppose I should have ordered the slow build kit and saved some money. I would have probably completed the fuse and wings before i receive the QB's. Still very positive and patiently waiting to get the rest of the kits so I can get back to work! https://vansairforce.net/community/images/icons/icon7.gif

When I built my -10, I built the SB wings and ordered the QB fuse soon after receiving the wing kit. The fuse arrived a little before I was finished with the wings.

I just got my order confirmation for a RV-14 QB Wing kit. The approximate crating date is october next year. So its 10 months instead the published 8 on the website.

Back