What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sensenich Ground Adjustable Prop

I am looking to install the Sensenich ground adjustable prop on an RV6A with an 0-320 engine.

Is there anybody out there that has one or who can comment on this prop

Many thanks

I have this prop on my RV-9A. Really smooth running and easy to install/adjust.
I'm running the recommended #4 pitch setting and am getting just over 2700 RPM at WOT around 9000' DA and TAS of ~163Kts. This last weekend on the way to Casa Grande for Copperstate we were cruising at 7200' (DA was 8900-9100) WOT, and running 50 degrees LOP getting a solid 2550 RPM and TAS of 150-152 Kts at 7.5 gph.

I have one on my RV-6 with 160hp O-320-D1A engine. It's incredibly smooth running. I have the ~ 12 lb Landoll inertia ring on my flywheel too, which probably helps the smoothness even more.

I am running the #5 pitch pin with mine. It'll run right at 2700 rpm at WOT at 8000 density altitude, and can readily exceed 2700 at lower altitudes. I've run the #6 pitch pin last winter in cooler weather, and that helped to keep the RPM from so easily going past 2700 at lower altitudes, but it also reduced takeoff/climb performance and also knocked a couple knots off the top end up high too. The #6 pitch also had a lot more P-factor and needed a whole lotta right rudder on takeoff, so I put it back to #5 and am happy there.

Back