What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV(s) as best supporting actor in a TV episode?

rv7charlie

Well Known Member
My wife is addicted to British TV, and saw something last night that might be of some interest here. She's been watching a British dramatic series called 'Midsomer Murders'. Season 16 episode 4 is titled 'The Flying Club' (you can rent it from all the usual sources). The episode (remember, this is fiction) is set on a flying field, and features a character who was the British version of our WASPs, recounting her experiences, and a bit of modern footage of Spitfires, etc. But the two primary 'characters' in quite a bit of the aerial footage are a pair of RVs (along with their pilots). Remember, this is fiction, and obviously not produced/directed by pilots. But the little that I watched did have some nice footage of the RVs and some British warbirds.

FWIW...

White Waltham

I believe it was filmed at White Waltham (EGLM - my local field). There are quite a few RVs based there, and at least 2 more under construction.

In WW2 it was the base for the ATA (Air Transport Auxiliary) who ferried new warplanes to the frontline squadrons, often in appalling weather conditions and at great personal risk. Many of the pilots were women. You can read about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Transport_Auxiliary

Today its a busy GA airfield with 3 grass runways and many interesting aircraft based there.

I believe the display team in the program was RVators. There is a bigger story there.

Midsomer...the most dangerous place in the UK:D

On Netfilx

I think the entire series is on Netflix (or amazon), a murder or two each episode :) all handled nicely by the local CID. I shall have to track that episode down.

Back