What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

KBOI vs KMAN

WyoDave

Well Known Member
I have some business coming up in the Boise/Nampa area. Is KBOI very RV friendly, or would KMAN be a better bet?
Thanks!

I am at KEUL and it is a nice airport where I am building my 9A. Nampa (KMAN) is good too. BOI is a bit busy with all the airline and military traffic, but nothing compared to a big city airport.

Let me know when you come in and maybe we can get together for lunch or just to say hello. Most of the time I have a car available if you need it.

Thanks for the info!

That's what I figured. I'll probably try out KMAN. This is a pretty quick trip. Pretty much fly in, have a meeting/meal, fly back home. I'll catch you another time. Thanks!:cool:

I will second KMAN. I flew out there last year and they have a really nice FBO with a couple of newer courtesy cars.

Where you are meeting exactly? And how tight's your time? That might have more of a bearing on BOI v. MAN. I wouldn't let a little 'ol backwater Class C deter me if you're after a fast turn.

This winter I was able to dig out the -7 (based at EUL) and do some approaches at BOI. Not much else was flying. Big Sky Departure said, "Radar service terminated. Thanks for dropping by.".

John Siebold

John is tight about BOI. I have been taking lessons out of there and if ATC can work with me, they have to be pretty good guys!

I was in and out of BOI a couple months ago (same kind of quick turn) and the local fancy jet center folks were very nice to me, even though I didn't purchase any fuel. Plenty of space on the ramp.

Greg

I was in and out of BOI a couple months ago (same kind of quick turn) and the local fancy jet center folks were very nice to me, even though I didn't purchase any fuel. Plenty of space on the ramp.

Greg

Yes, Jackson Jet Center will let you park there, especially if you buy fuel. The busy times for the airlines are morning and evening, but most other times are not bad.

And the winner is... KMAN. This time

Thanks for all the input! I'll have business near each airport and need to pick up someone at BOI. So either works equally well for location. It's just a matter of arranging what comes first. That, and coordinating with weather!

Back