What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Time to build RV-7, Pink Slip in hand!

Subwaybob

Well Known Member

Let me start by saying I could have done it without this site. BUT, it would have been suck central. I got the kit a day or so before 4-1-2012. Today 8-15-2013 it will fly, so says Mel Asberry. Yeah, yeah, that's no turtle. Others have done it in waaaay less time, and some a little more. Given Mel did have a few statements like "I'm not releasing you until you show me where the right wing is..." (Kidding, Mel is VERY through). So it's done... Not! Lots more to finish but it will fly. I'm anal and it will never be done probably. So back to my time. I posted last year as I was zooming right along that I thought I would be done in just a few months. Little did I know how long EVERYTHING takes even on a quick build. Here is the thread and the comments. I was only off a year, gimmy a break.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=86886

I have in hand a tail wheel endorsement and an RV transition "endorsement" from Alex D. at RV Training. So all that's left is to make this thing go where it was meant to be. Fear not VAFers I will come back, no one has ever gotten stuck up there as far as I know.

Thanks a bunch DR for the site which has made life much easier. Thanks Mel for answering all my questions over that year I've been calling, you are a super DAR. Thank to Van, and last but not least that you God for giving us the knowledge to fly with your angels and return to our families at will.

PS My wife cried when I told her we passed the inspection. Sweet....

Congrats and a great job, to your wife as well.

It took me 15 months from the start to the first flight which included the paint. It was a nearly a 7-day a week effort to get it going but I enjoyed every minute of every day and it has been even a greater joy since we finished it.

Happy flying days ahead

Congrats Bob ! And you got er done before September ! :D:D

All kidding aside, the point is you got it ready for Safe Operation ! Now time to get her in the air ! Good luck

Congratulations on the pink slip. Now when do you think you'll finish the airplane?

Back