What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Section 12A

Jamesey

Well Known Member
Section 12A 12 Stabilator Tip Fairing Kit posted on update site. Anyone found a price for this? I can’t at the moment.

Edit: found it $160

Last edited:
Saw it on the web site last Thursday, and ordered it on the spot! It's scheduled to arrive Saturday! :D

Now that the stabilator tip is available. Whats the time schedule for the new canopy latch, canopy rail plates, and gear leg closeouts?

Now that the stabilator tip is available. Whats the time schedule for the new canopy latch, canopy rail plates, and gear leg closeouts?

As mentioned previously, once the iS fuselage kits are shipping (should start any day now) all of the parts retrofitable to Gen 1 fuselages will be available for individual purchase.

Any info/pics/drawings available, please?

I don?t have a picture but maybe I can describe it?

A plastic (UHMW) plate about 2?H x 3?W is installed on the rollover bar. On the face of the plastic is a metal plate with two cam grooves ? upper groove holds canopy in open position without marring the top of the rollover and lower groove holds canopy shut. The canopy latch handle has a ?T? button welded (or screwed) to the back vertical edge and it is this ?T? button that engages in the two cam grooves to positively hold the canopy open/closed.
-
11h52jm.png

I don?t have a picture but maybe I can describe it?

A plastic (UHMW) plate about 2?H x 3?W is installed on the rollover bar. On the face of the plastic is a metal plate with two cam grooves ? upper groove holds canopy in open position without marring the top of the rollover and lower groove holds canopy shut. The canopy latch handle has a ?T? button welded (or screwed) to the back vertical edge and it is this ?T? button that engages in the two cam grooves to positively hold the canopy open/closed.
-
11h52jm.png

Jim, this is much different than the photos shown in the November Kitplanes article. Have they changed the prototype?

Jim, this is much different than the photos shown in the November Kitplanes article. Have they changed the prototype?

I guess this is what happens when we get old. Memory is off a little bit. I tried...

Below is photo referenced by Scott.
-
2dvijae.png

Back