What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flap Motor Bracket, Baggage Side Panel

MED

Well Known Member
You may already know this, but . . . Page 32-07, figure 2 calls for installing 2 AN426AD3-4 rivets into the flap motor brackets, but the F-01405F mid-fuselage brace has not been countersunk. I confirmed with Sterling at Van's that flush rivets are required, because a flush cover will be installed later. Also, on page 32-08, figure 1, flush 426 AN 3-3 rivets are called out to join the baggage side panels and the F-01482 L & R bulkheads, when dimpling the side panels and the bulkheads was not specified. Sterling said it was acceptable to either dimple and install flush rivets or, as I did, just install 470 AN 3-3 rivets instead.

Last edited:
Ok, thanks. I have the QB fuselage, and I try to check all the steps as done, but I missed that one. The two holes for the brackets were not countersunk in my fuselage.

Last edited:
I found a number of "not yet countersunk" holes on my QB wings - it's usually obvious where the fixes are needed (skins get countersunk over the holes for rivets or more commonly for screws. In one case they used the wrong nutplate and I had to replace it.

Back