What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N183RC first flight

rjcthree

Well Known Member
With Dave Ross at the controls, N183RC took flight for the first (and second) time this morning from KPLR (Lorain County). Once the first flight bug was worked out (more later), Dave spent about a half hour over the airport confirming performance and handling, returning back with a perfect landing.

Post flight inspection revealed a single issue where a bit of baffling was contacting the ring gear (H2, different geometry around the snout), to be adjusted before next flight.

Pictures, video and a long list of thank you's to follow (work travel), but for right now, thank you Dave for your skill and time, and my lovely wife Irene for indulging my little airplane addiction.

N183RC: RV-9A, Tip-up, O-320-H2AD, fixed Sensenich, half Classic Aero/homegrown interior. Painted in SW Genesis M and some accent vinyl. D-180 w AP, SL-30, GTX 327, G496. Empty weight 1113 lbs @ 77.69" with full fairings.

:)

Last edited:
big congrats! the airplane will look different to you now. a sum of parts transcends into a flying machine and the builder into a proud papa.

Congrats Rick! Wish I would have known today was the big day! I would have loved to come out and show my support! The weather sure was perfect!

To refresh your memory, you and I met last fall over at our hangar, the Discover Aviation Center hangar (northern-most condo hangar on the east side).

Can't wait to see the video and pics.

Congratulations!!!!

Rick,
I am really excited for you. I know exactly how you feel. Hopefully we will get to meet some time soon. Be safe.

Back