What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Silly Caption Contest #1

"You know the difference between you and me? I make this look good...."
-- Men in Black quote
ciaobellaxy5.jpg

Ya' know Doug, there's nothing wrong with that thing that Grady couldn't fix....;)

(I see sharks teeth!)

Paul

gara tocco (soft touch)

La saleperson mi ha detto (The sales person told me)
se mi trattare correttamente il motorscooter (if I treat the scooter right)
e maneggiare con cura (and handle it with care)

sar? un giorno (it will someday)
diventare una Harley Davidson "Fatboy" (become a Harley Davidson "FATBOY")

Momma Mia !! ( Momma Mia !! )

Well....I know they are fun to ride...unless your friends see you (applies to other things you ride as well). Just be carful in the airport restroom that you don't tap your foot and drop some TP, you might have been able to talk your way out before...but after they find you on that ummm faded red scooter...you might not be so lucky:D

No wonder Hubble didn't work when it was initially launched, the main lens has been inadvertently attached to the front of that vespa!

Does it really go fast enough to need a windshield??:D

Strange bit of irony here--------without the windshield, yes it will go fast enough to need a windshield.

BUT-----Put on the windshield, and the drag limits it so much you dont need the silly thing.

Karma????:eek:

Last edited:
Just remember

Don 't forget Doug.....now that you have that might hog....there are old riders and bold riders, but there are no old bold riders.

On the flip side:

Back at ya:

"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and cruise 'round in a [pink] P.O.S." -- Men In Black

"You know the difference between you and me? I make this look good...."
-- Men in Black quote

Or:

- "Does anyone know where I can get a set of pink ape hangers for this bad boy?"
- And now, from the little known Vans Airforce episode of American Chopper . . ."

Last edited:
WHEELIES........

Hold that nose wheel off as long as possible!

Keep it tipped-up. A "slider" would hurt!

Does anyone make a "pink" self-etching primer?

Ya know Doug, you should loose the boots and get yourself a pair of Birkenstocks to wear over those ankle high socks. It'd match you to the bike a little better. Perhaps an earring also.

Doug, I"m not going to hit a guy when he's down...that really is a nice pink springer. I know when you finish tricking out the engine and get some chrome on it, you'll be the envy of all of us. Once you buy that used hang glider, I think I'm seeing the beginnings of the Doug Reeves Aerocar, especially if you attach the windscreen to the bottom of the vespa ala a lifting body craft. Is it faster than a bicycle?

UFO (Unidentified Fabulous Object) Spotted...

vespa_after.jpg

Doug, Tinkerbell, and his dog Glitter after a couple performance mods :D
Shown in the latest color scheme from Victorias Secret.

Last edited:
OK, you guys wanna make fun of my new ride, huh?

Well, game on! You don't scare me :p. Take your best shot....

ciaobellaxy5.jpg

Idea for this blatently stolen from Mark Pensenstadler's excellent www.RansClan.com website. Got to talk w/him for about thirty minutes today - standup guy.

ps:
this fluff placed in the ?Test/Misc? area so it will get deleted in a few weeks (and not archived)

No special slogan, Doug. Just a friendly reminder "know thy throttle".

About 18 months ago, several of us old geezer club members were sitting in fold up chairs in front of a hangar when another member came by on his new bike. As he pulled into the pad the bike suddenly shot forward right into the hangar door and the driver ended up on the concrete pad not feeling very well. In fact, he could not get up. We were about to call 911 but he insisted we call his wife instead. She came by and we loaded him into their van and off they went to a local hospital. Six weeks later he was home after surgery to repair a severely broken leg.

The crash was caused by reverse transfer of a throttle that was different on a previous bike. He wanted to stop and instead went to full power. That bike is no longer on the scene.

I threw up a little in my mouth there when this popped up on my monitor. :eek: I knew I was in trouble when Danny called my cell phone and couldn't talk because he was still laughing.

I might have created a monster :eek:

b,
tink

New VAF shirts and hats

I might have created a monster :eek:

b,
tink

When are the new hats and shirts coming out (of the closet)? Word has it you were testing the color in daylight to make sure it was salmon instead of pink.

dr1hq7.jpg

The pitch.

This baby has (a) 100% horsepower and a fistful of displacement.
She's got enough torque to slide the froth on your frappacino.
She'll do zero to sixty any day of the week, and you'll be amazed how quickly she reaches top end.
She's got custom Chinese clones of a carb by Enya, suspension by Western Flyer, brakes by Huffy, and exhaust by Briggs and Stratton.
Her low miles are due to only being ridden by Pee Wee Herman to his favorite seedy theater. (open footwell accomodates trenchcoats).

Your results may vary. Use caution when operating near powerlines or open water. Objects draped over the seat horn will appear larger than they actually are.

Actually, the bugs hit you in the back if you are riding a Vespa.

Reminds me of when I first started flying straight wing Citations (many years ago). The Lear Jet guys used to laugh about us getting bird strikes from the rear. The Citation X changed all of that for me several years ago.:D

I've got a couple

How about, "PinkerBell"

Or, "Swish"

And a comment in keeping with the theme of #84, "the box says I can swim, hike and ride my Vespa."

Orange County Choppers

ciaobellaxy5.jpg
DSC03950.jpg

Last weekend, Doug was telling me how much interest the scooter generates on the trips with Tate back and forth to school. He said he gets so many questions he is tempted to put the answers on his clothes. Mileage, price, etc.

What I didn't realize until tonight is just how leading edge Doug is. I guess I haven't seen enough of the shows to be current so it was interesting that the Teutuls displayed this scooter on Letterman.

Back