What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bracket between front spar and belly longeron

219PB

Well Known Member
I hate to ask but a few days ago I saw a thread about the necessity of angle bracket between the front of the wing spar and the belly longeron. I have searched the forum and I am at a loss to finding this thread. The thread stated that these brackets are on the drawings and it stated the drawing number. My 6 does not have these brackets and the only brackets I can find on my drawings are the ones that reference a 7.

I would appreciate it if anyone that was participating in this thread give me a hint.

Thanks everyone. I will add the brackets and put a plate across the front of them to cover the fuel lines in front of the spar like is done on the 7A's.

Thanks everyone. I will add the brackets and put a plate across the front of them to cover the fuel lines in front of the spar like is done on the 7A's.

It's a nicer finished look, but you really don't see it anyway. Route your lines close to the spar and off the floor where they are protected from accidental stepping on. I thought of doing it like the 7 and 9 as you are but decided it didn't have much if any benefit. This is one area of the 6 that left a lot to the imagination and I have seen many different approaches. That's part of what makes the earlier kits fun!
Doing it like the 7/9 certainly isn't wrong, just more work.

I am installing the EFII system and I have fuel supply and return lines on each side. When I am at altitude and on autopilot I move my feet back. I will see how the fuel line installation comes out and decide then if they need to be shielded.

Back