What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Firewall Penetration Location Adjustments

macrafic

Well Known Member
I'm wanting to create my firewall penetrations for the fuel line and throttle. RV-7A IO-360. The plans locations are really tight anyway but, given that I am wanting to use a ball connector for the throttle, there simply is not enough room.

The picture below shows my adjustment of each, along with the original plans location. Basically, I am wanting to lower the fuel penetration 1 1/8" and raise the throttle penetration 1".

As you can see from the picture, this appears to give me plenty of clearance from each other, from the starter contactor, from the engine mount, from the heater bypass box and from the nose gear access hole. It also still leaves the penetrations within the fuel pump housing, where it should be. I have the Andair fuel pump, so do not need the space on the firewall for a pump.

Anybody see anything I am missing? Comments on good/bad practice?

xd8cwg.jpg

Here is mine. Same engine.

I'm wanting to create my firewall penetrations for the fuel line and throttle. RV-7A IO-360. The plans locations are really tight anyway but, given that I am wanting to use a ball connector for the throttle, there simply is not enough room.....
xd8cwg.jpg

The plan locations work fine although I had to notch the upper left corner of the fuel line doubler to clear the contactor mounting bolt. If you clock your firewall fitting for the throttle as shown, you'll avoid conflicts tightening the attach hardware. Looking at your drawing though, I don't really see any problems as long as your fuel line connection inside leaves room for proper bend radius. My 6A has the RV7A firewall

FP31012013A0001X.jpg

Back