What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tim Morrow

I don't know how many of you ever met Tim Morrow, I've only knew him for a year, and a half. His activities in aviation around Texas, and Mississippi, as well as other states, and countries will be missed. Tim was killed in a head on traffic accident August 26, 2013, north east of Itasca, Tx. He was the A&P/AI at the Hillsboro, Tx Airport (KINJ).
His funeral was last Friday August 30, 2013 at West, Tx. He was born in Waco, Tx. and as far as I know he was known around the greater DFW area, having worked for many companies, and his own operations. He told me that he had been active with the CAF at Fort Worth, Meacham (KFTW) along side Dr. Hospers, and many more.
I know from speaking to him, working with him, and seeking advise, I will miss him, and those like him. The knowledge, and experience is hard to find.

Last edited:
Mr Morgan,

Thank you for your kind words about my older brother Tim Morrow. Yes he was a unique and interesting individual, having had many adventures in aviation. He was an old school mechanic more interested in keeping planes and pilots flying than making loads of money. He knew so much about planes that younger mechanics just don't learn today as his experiences took him around the world and back for over 50 years. Airplanes were his second love only surpassed by his love of his daughter and 6 grand kids. I miss him every time I go to the airport as he was the main reason I got involved in aviation. A real character and a person who always put others first and lived a life of service for the benefit of others. If only more had his desire to help and give of themselves as he did.

David Morrow
Rans S-6S N766DM

Oh I'm very sorry to hear about Tim. He lived at 8T6 for about a year while he worked at Chase Field for Sikorsky. So sad to hear that. He was always very nice & kind to me. ...deeply saddened. :(

Back