What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Instrument training courses

sailvi767

Well Known Member
My son would like a good home study instrument training ground school for his B-day. There are lots of options out there. Anyone have a current recommendation. Computer based training preferred but books would work.

George

Try Gleim or ASA

I taught the private pilot course at the local tech school(ASA). Both have the books to go along with a dvd course. This are primarily test prep courses. I prefer the Gleim, but either will do the job. It will take a committed student to drive through this on his/her own.:) Try to do the flight training in conjunction with the book side. It will help both.

Good luck.
David

IFR training

I first bought the Jepp book (big text book looking thing). It is exactly that... A text book. Very dry and boring to read, but great information. I didn't do very well with that, so I bought the King DVD series. I had used the King's for my private, so I was familiar with their format. I know it's a little pricey, but for my money, there is no better training aid. I do keep the Jepp book handy as a reference, and I use it for recurrent learning.

Dave

Back