What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What is the width of your F-705B (Rear Spar Fork)

Aero_Octaveus

Well Known Member
I'm probably overthinking this, Just checking to see what width you have for your F-705B center section bar. End to end. (for the rear spar fork). Did you trim lots of material off the outside ends of the rear spar fork when you fitted the wings on?

The plans call for 45 3/32" however I'm more closer to 45" just the way that I have done things. (I made sure I had 1/2" edge clearance first on the inside hole of the F-705C doublers, then measured over to the 12 1/2" and cut both the F-705B and 705C together after it was match drilled.).

IMG_0503.JPG

Section%2BH-H.jpg

Really I am only ~1/32" short on each end so I should have lots room to work according to Section H-H on Drawing 38.

Last edited:
Mine's about 45 1/16". Have not attached the wings yet but I've got 1.5" sticking out of either side, so I'm assuming that will be good.

The depth of the fork (F-605C/F-705B) from the F-705H spacer bar to the end outside end is almost exactly 1.5", with the spacer bar outside edge about flush with the skin. I was easy to put the bold hole thru the dead center of the fork and have excellent edge distance on the wing rear spar tongue (W-707D/G).

Your photo looks just about right.

Last edited:
Be advised that when fitting the wings to the fuselage, you may have to trim a tad off that to avoid interference with the flange on the inboard-most wing rib. Ask me how I know.

Back